How we can assist you in the implementation of IEC 62368-1
UL has the expertise, insight, and influence to assist with the implementation of IEC 62368-1. As a certifier who has issued growing numbers of certification to UL/CSA 62368-1 as well as IECEE CB report/certificates to IEC 62368-1 and through our continued participation in standards development groups such as TC108, UL is positioned to guide manufacturers through the process of understanding and implementing the hazard-based standard
We offer a portfolio of certification services, including:
Our training and related coursework materials cover the concept and key aspects of hazard-based safety engineering principles and the key differences between IEC 62368-1 and legacy standards IEC 60065 and IEC 60950-1.
• Public and private instructor-led workshops
• On-demand webinars and podcasts
• Brochures and White Papers
• General advisory services
Evaluations of products to 62368-1
- Investigations of products previously certified to 60065 or 60950.
- Investigations concurrent with active 60065 or 60950-1 project, resulting in dual certification.
- Update/conversion to 62368-1 from existing 60065 or 60950-1 certifications.
- Gap Analysis - Gap analysis is a constructive review that will provide you with the differences between the current standard and IEC62368-1 for an existing product. Results will be provided in a gap report. It can be customized to include testing if necessary or requested.
- Impact Analysis - If you are new to the IEC62368-1 standard, impact analysis can provide you with a preliminary evaluation step prior to certification to help identify areas of concern and feasibility toward a successful certification.
- Certification - UL mark certification and CB certification bundles are currently being offered based on the market need of the product.
Combining with another UL testing, certification and advisory service
- Testing and certification for global regulatory requirements
- Energy Efficiency
Early engagement support
Involving UL early in the product development process is the most effective way to get products to market. Encountering problems during product certification can lead to costly rework and unpredictable delays. UL can help manufacturers make certification considerations an integral part of the product development process – right from the concept stage.
• Get the certification information you need to make informed product development decisions.
• Avoids schedule and budgetary surprises by identifying non-compliances prior to design freeze.
We help ensure a product moves through the certification process smoothly and launches into the market as planned.